Dr. Garcia-Sanchez is a clinician in Internal Medicine and Nephrology. He went to the University of Carabobo Medical School in Valencia, Venezuela. His Internal Medicine Internship and Residency was at Grady Hospital, VA Medical Center, and The Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) of Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM). Following this, he did his fellowship at Emory University in Nephrology.
As a clinician-educator, Dr. Garcia-Sanchez’s focus is primarily on the care of patients with kidney disease and on the education of his medical colleagues and patients. He functions as the founding member/director of Nephrology of Georgia dedicated to the specialized care of patients with kidney disease. In his clinical practice, he is a general Nephrologist and Internist, seeing patients with chronic kidney disease or electrolyte disturbances, hypertension and internal medicine. He practices both in the outpatient Nephrology and Internal Medicine clinic, as well as on inpatient Nephrology.
- Emory University (MD – Nephrology – 2016)
- Morehouse School of Medicine (MD – Internal Medicine – 2013)
- Emory University (MD – Postdoc Research Fellow, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism – 2010)
- Universidad de Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela (MD Medical School – 2002)
- Gwinnett Medical Center – Lawrenceville and Duluth
- Piedmont Healthcare
- Floyd Medical Center
- Davita Dialysis
- Fresenius Kidney Care